- Of Counsel
Virginia Peiser joined the BPMNJ team on May 1, 2023 when she merged her robust estate planning practice with Craig Judson. She creates and implements specialized legal strategies for her clients' tax, estate planning and business needs to minimize tax and to maximize the wealth they pass to the next generation. As a Certified Specialist both in Taxation Law and in Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization, Virginia integrates her clients' estate plans and their tax matters with their business and investment assets.
Virginia represents investors and owners of closely held businesses in tax, estate planning, business and real estate matters. Since 1975, she has represented clients in tax controversies and in planning specialized tax strategies, formed business entities and served as business counsel, prepared wills and revocable and irrevocable trusts, and provided representation in trust administration, probate matters and real estate transactions.
Virginia has an AV rating (the highest) from the publishers of the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory. She has been a member of the Board of Directors of the Contra Costa County Bar Association Taxation Section since 1988, and she has served four separate terms as Chair of the Taxation Section. Virginia is a regular lecturer in the areas of tax and estate planning, and she has published numerous articles in these fields.
She received her Juris Doctor degree with honors from Hastings College of the Law, and her LL.M. in Taxation from Golden Gate University School of Law. Upon graduation from law school, Virginia based her practice in San Francisco. In 1978, she opened her own law firm in San Francisco in order to represent business owners and investors in their tax, business, and real estate matters. In 1987, she moved her tax and estate planning practice to Contra Costa County, and in September, 2018, she joined the law firm of Doyle Quane in Danville, California.
- Contra Costa Bar Association, Member, 1988, Member, Present
- Estate Planning Council of Diablo Valley, 2000, Member, Present
- CouncilOne Advisors, 2010, Member, Present
- East Bay Trusts and Estates Lawyers, 2019, Member, Present
- California Bar Association
- The ‘SPIN’ on Corporate Spin-Offs, Contra Costa Lawyer, September, 2017
- You’ve Got (IRS) Mail! What Happens When Your Tax Return is Chosen for Audit, Contra Costa Lawyer, March, 2015
- Tax Aspects of Health Care Reform, Contra Costa Lawyer, July/August, 2010
- California, 1975
- Golden Gate University School of Law, San Francisco, California
- LL.M. - 1984
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, San Francisco, California
- J.D. - 1975
- Honors: Order of the Coif, 1975
- Honors: Thurston Society, 1975
- Honors: With Honors
- University of Chicago, Illinois, Chicago, Illinois
- B.A. - 1971
- Major: Public Affairs
- University of Michigan
Specialties and Certifications
- Specialties and Certifications
- Certified Legal Specialist, Taxation Law and Estate Planning